Edition: This Summer Has Kicked My Butt
Honestly, what started off as an amazing summer with a lot to look forward to has turned into a summer I will be glad to see come to an end. Sure, there have been high points, but there have been many trials along the way. Isn’t that how life goes, though? A constant amalgamation of good and bad, easy and hard, enjoyable and difficult. Yet I would be remiss if I didn’t point out the graces God has granted me through the trials.
Because let’s be real. The only way I stay sane in this life is by reminding myself that “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).
So here goes. Five random things from a month in the life at Casa Williby.
1. Leah was sick for a week. It was awful. We are so blessed in that our kids are generally healthy as horses, but that usually means that when they get sick, look out. We’re talking virus with fevers that stayed north of 103 for 5 days, a rash, and absolutely zero appetite. I didn’t sleep more than an hour at a time for the duration. I remember calling my mom and breaking down that I just couldn’t do it anymore. She reminded me that I was doing it and to recognize the grace that was. God was already helping me and would continue to do so. Thankfully, after 6 days, Leah rebounded and is now back to her sassy, spunky self.
2. After my initial screening mammogram, I had to go back for more diagnostic images and a needle biopsy. You can read more about it here and here. Basically, it sucked. But God is good and so are my girls. No cancer for me!!
3. At the end of June, my aunt and godmother passed away. She was one of the most generous, giving, humble, and hilarious women I’ve ever known. My dad’s side of our family will forever have a Kathy-sized hole in it. But what a blessing it was to go out to Washington state for her funeral and see all of my aunts and uncles and several cousins laugh and cry and celebrate her life together. As my cousin said, “Our family puts the fun in funeral.” It sounds crazy, but it’s true. And what a blessing it is!
4. These are two goodies I bought for myself this month and WOW am I glad I did!! The planner on the left is beautiful and amazing (and it can be found here). I can’t wait to start marking it all up like a crazy woman once the school year starts. The Bible study on the right (affiliate link) has kept me grounded in the truth of God’s love and support through times of trial. Believe me, I know that my trials are nothing compared to those of others. But if you feel you need support or are wondering about the love of God in your life, I highly recommend it.
5. These two. My oldest and my youngest. I will be forever grateful for the loving bond they have. Nine years different in age, they more alike than I ever could have imagined they’d be. I hope she always looks to him for love and support. I hope he always protects her and guides her.
See ya next time!! Look for lots of vacation and back to school pics in coming editions!!