Buckle in, friends. In today’s episode, we go there. Mental health, therapy, relationships, PPD and PPA…all the things! In today’s conversation with therapist and social worker Tara Nicolson, we are flipping the script on women’s mental health and therapy.
Topics Covered Today Include:
- how the pandemic has effected women’s mental health
- what mental health issues are most prevalent in women today
- who can benefit from therapy
- how to know if therapy is the right next step for you or someone you love
- Beth describes her own struggles with post-partum depression and anxiety
Who is Tara Nicolson?
Tara is a wife, mom, and psychotherapist from New Jersey who has a goal of helping women in particular. She is also the founder of the ministry Visitation Motherhood. Visitation Motherhood is meant to bridge motherhood, faith and mental health with the hopes of opening up dialogue about the intersection of those topics.
Quick Links from the Episode:
The NEW A Welcome Grace Mailbag is OPEN!
- In today’s Mailbag segment, we hear from former guest, Jean Heaton, who comes seeking an opinion on the fine line between “an alcohol problem” and “a problem with alcohol.”
Got a question about a past episode or ideas about the future? Want to share your big news with the world? Have a question about parenting or faith or “women stuff” or life in general that you’d like for me to share my take on? Click on the link below to send me some mail and you may just be featured on an upcoming episode of the podcast!
Write to me at the A Welcome Grace Mailbag!